Meet the Staff of MCP Counseling
You Deserve to Feel Great. We Are Here to Help.
Melinda Porter, MA, LPC-S is a counselor in Carrollton, Texas. Melinda began her career in education, obtaining a bachelor’s degree in Education with an Early Childhood Endorsement. She then went on to pursue a master’s degree in Professional Counseling from Texas Wesleyan University. While her teaching career was fruitful and lasted for 13 years, she decided to venture into counseling – an endeavor that will allow her to work with individuals and their families as a unit.
Melinda is also happy to help those who identify with any other non-conforming sexual or gender identity. She has assisted families coping with the “coming out” process and has helped individuals through online video counseling. Overall, she is focused on providing a non-judgmental, comforting environment that cultivates communication and expression. Melinda will guide you on a path toward self-understanding, self-comfort, and self-discovery.
Melinda is proud to offer the following counseling services:
- Depression, stress, anxiety, panic attacks
- Family Communication
- Sex Positive Therapy
- Working with individuals and/or families in Non-Traditional Relationships/CNM
- Sexuality – identifying your path to growth
- Gender – supporting you in finding your congruent self
- Life Transitions – working to have a healthy understanding of self and supporting you through transitional periods in your life
- Online Counseling – supporting you wherever you are
- Addiction Counseling – guiding you through all of your addiction struggles
Administrative Assistant, ext. 102
MCP Counseling Administrative Assistant
Carolina Pena, M.S.
LPC-Intern, ext. 103
Carolina has dedicated her life to understanding and assisting those who are suffering. By doing so she pursed her mental health career across different countries and states.
Jacqueline Liu, M.A., NCC
LPC-intern, ext. 106
Jacqueline Liu holds a Bachelor of Arts in Psychology & minor in Social Work from the University of Michigan-Ann Arbor, and a Master of Arts in Professional Counseling from Dallas Baptist University.
Get In Touch
Hours: Mon – Sat 9am – 8pm, Sun 12-7